Not only would I respond with an affirmative "What....do I look like a Dr's office?", I would also have said the cost for me to do this would be obnoxious.
Here we are 30 years later, and so much has changed. We have MediNails, we have Medi Pedi, we have Clinical Spas, we have Spas in Dr's offices........just to name a few.
To begin with, let's analyze the cost.
I receive a lot of comments on pricing of tools. We pay upwards of $94.00 for a callus bit, $30.00 for a nail debriment bit, $5.00 for a cuticle bit and anywhere between $18.00 and $75.00 for tools like curettes, toenail nippers etc.
Unfortunately, I also receive a lot of calls that clients have dropped their tools and implements (and they broke). I receive calls they rust (which they shouldn't, but do). And, I receive a lot of calls that the springs break.
What happens? These tools are our life, we have to replace them.
The question is, how do we recoup the cost of our tools and implements in our Foot Care service. You can't. We hope it's a 1X cost, but in most cases...it is not.
When we are considering the cost (and value) of a single use implement, there is more to consider then just cost.
- Inexpensive. Due to the inexpensive cost of single use tools, you CAN incorporate the cost into your service *see below
- Your image. Image is huge and perceived value is even bigger.
- Different. The sub standard Salon down the street is NOT using single use implements.
- Sanitary. Can you imagine a tag line "we use single use implements in all our Foot Care services"
When it comes to the cost involved, we are literally talking $2.12 - $5.78 depending on the tool you use.
- You can easily increase your Foot Care service to cover the cost of the implement. I hardly doubt any client would argue over this.
- If you do increase your cost, you have the option of saving that implement for your client. Many of you use packets for files and toe separators....is this any different?
- You also have the option of giving it to your client after the service. With this, you can offer the option to your client and collect another $5.00.
In addition, when it comes to proper or improper sanitary procedures, can you be sure every technician in your facility is properly disinfecting?
Is the cost of a client getting an infection from a dirty implement less than $5.00? Of course not. Single use implements are the answer to many many in-salon challenges.
It may not be the answer for all, but it sure is a good answer
Our Industry is changing. Our clients are more aware of the concerns within our Beauty Salons and Spas which can directly affect them.
We aren't the Medical Profession. However, we are often the first responders. If we want our clients to take us more seriously, we have to continuously take steps to protect them.....to protect us.
Centre for Beauty is offering a 3 piece set of single use implements to the first 10 clients who respond to this article.
Nipper, Cuticle bit, Callus/toenail reducer bit
If you would like to try for yourself and see the quality, reach out to me at email@example.com. Type in the email FREE single use implements