It may only be August, but if you blink…..the Holiday season will be here. In 23 years of owning my Salon you can imagine, i’ve learned a few things. Things change from year to year, trends happen and clients wants and needs change. We have to as well.
There are some basic things I always made a habit of doing, right before the season. Usually after the kids went back to school, I would house clean. Starting the season with a deep clean always did my staff and I good. We would clean our stations, drawers and all. We would clean containers, get new ones if needed, fill them to the brim and invest in new tools and brushes so we could start the Season off fresh.
We would also deep clean our reception desk. Move out products that have been sitting there for a while, organize our pencil drawer and add some new decor. It was so refreshing and our clients noticed.
One of the main things we did, and i’ve had articles about this before…we re-evaluate our disinfecting procedures. Check on State rules that may have changed, hold a meeting with our Staff to make sure we were all on the same page and check our labeling of the disinfection product we were using, just to double check for accuracy.
But….what about the real reason we all enjoy the Season? The increase in service $$$$……and how about the increase in retail $$$$. How do you decide what to bring in to promote to your clients?
I’ve put together a list for you, based on what I know to be the best selling items “year round” in my world today. This list would also be my choice if I still had my Salon. If they sell as a top item during the year…imagine what they could do around the Holiday’s;
I’ll share more info in detail about these items over the next few days….but for now, here is a list for you to be pondering over;
- Always….Holidays hand creams and foot creams. Clients do like fragrance, just ask Bath & Body Works. Their Holiday fragrances sell more than all fragrances, all year long. They also work great for client gifts!
- A gift to say you care. Retail Foot Care items always seem to hit an all time high during the Holiday months. They work great as stocking stuffers and combined with other products for a full package. Making gift baskets out of your stock items always seems to go over really well.
- Diamond Dust! Yes, this little bottle of Diamond Dust which sells for $49.00 to the client just happens to be the greatest item for making your clients feel special. Dust it in their hair when doing their Holiday service and they will love to take it home for glittering all over body.
- Red Wine Leaf Foot Care. This foot care is a seasonal Foot Care product offered by LCN. It’s great for it’s Fall/Winter ambience of appearance and flavor. It works amazing for that tired, heavy leg feeling from shopping till you drop.
- LCN permanent eye and lip liner! Okay, if you haven’t tried this yet, your missing something really special. It goes on very nicely and last you thought the day. Many colors to choose from.
- WOW mascara by LCN! When I say WOW, i’m not kidding. This mascara gives you fullness and long wear. It gives you the appearance of wearing extended eyelashes without worrying whether they will fall off or not. Beautiful application and long lasting.
- Anti Aging products for legs and hands. Another great product for saying you care. Clients like different things when it comes to gift giving, and they especially like to try different things on themselves during the Holiday season.
My point is…be prepared to make some money. Do’t wait until a month before the Holiday to decide to bring on the Holiday feel. Start early, you’ll be surprised at what happens to your revenue when you do!