One of the reasons I write my blogs is I love the creative part. If there is one thing I miss about being in the Salon is the ability to create. Create exciting events, create imaginative promo’s, create excitement amongst my team and my clients. Always being different, always having something going on and the constant that drove my clients to keep coming back.
HOW CREATIVE CAN YOU GET?
The very first thing I would do as a Salon owner;
- Designate a day for a FULL Salon cleaning & disinfecting
- ANNOUNCE it to the world
The biggest fear with COVID-19 is not just social distancing. It’s touching. Touching hands, hugging, touching doors, handles, products etc. etc.
On a day that your closed (as soon as possible) do an absolute complete overhaul of everything and every where in your Salon. Not just the obvious, EVERYTHING!
- Door handles
- Drinking glasses
- Everything and anything
I would email, call, text…whatever works for your Business and let your clients know you are doing this process. Give them comfort in knowing, if they choose to continue to get their services done, you as a Salon owner have gone over and beyond in making sure they are safe.
The next thing I would do;
Spread out your appointments. Instead of bringing a client in every 60 minutes, add an extra 15.
- This will allow for one client to leave before another client arrives. Social distancing.
- This also allows for you to do a complete wipe down “again” of everything that was just touched. Door handles, products, pens etc.
Will this be a challenge? Take more time? ABSOLUTELY! However, I think you will find you will have that time, and when you announce this to your clients, they will greatly appreciate it.
Have you thoughts about gloves?
Now is the time.
I realize many of you aren’t in the habit of wearing gloves and I get it. It took me many many years to break that habit.
However, once I started there is no turning back. You would laugh at what I do wearing gloves now.
It’s easy to do if you have the right gloves. They need to fit like a second skin and they need to allow you to feel what you are doing. I can’t speak for all gloves, but I know our Pink Pearl does exactly that.
Think you can’t wear gloves while doing nails?
Maybe you can’t, but what about giving your clients a pair of gloves and cutting out the fingertips?
Also, wipe down your clients phone for them, their purse handles and anything else they touch on a regular basis.
Did you know our Micrylium BioSurf can be sprayed on clothes and not cause damage? It’s not a bad idea to do a complete spray down of your own clothes between clients.
Now may also be the time for you to reach out to the “Nail Care Academy” and take the time to become a Safe Salon. Being able to assure your clients that you are doing everything within your power, and over the requirements of the limits of your license, is the best form of security you can give.
The idea here, is you want them to continue their services. It is imperative YOU make them aware of what processes you are going through to assure their safety.
I would also;
Give an opportunity for savings.
- Offer a series pricing. Maybe at some point, you will have to have a price increase. By offering a series package, you assure them the price stays the same through that package. EI; purchase 5 pedicures receive one for free
- Retail – NOW is the time to make at home care available to your clients. Promote these items not only for the obvious benefits of at home care. Also the benefit of knowing who it came from, the package has been cleaned and sanitized and they don’t have to travel elsewhere. Not to mention someone they don’t know coming to their door to deliver.
FYI – Centre For Beauty has its own processes in place. We have recently found a source for hand sanitizer and expect our shipment to arrive within the next 5-7 days.
Make yourself a resource.
Many of our elderly clients aren’t computer savvy. They probably don’t follow you on Social Media nor have even been to your website, if you have one.
- Go to the CDC website and print any of the many posters they have made available for Business owners. Post them and make them available for your clients.
- Make a list of the clients you know who may not have Family or access to information. Call them weekly to check on them and inform them of all the current news situations.
- Print rack cards or flyers with proper cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Resources are your greatest asset……Be one
Change the subject;
One of the biggest challenges I personally have, is the constant talk of COVID-19. The critical media and the people who repeat and repeat.
I know this is a serous matter. I also know what to do to protect myself, my family and hopefully my Business.
However, there are many of topics that we can talk about, and we have all seemed to stop.
Use this time to get to know your client better. Use this time to share new things. Use this time to get back to Steel Magnolia’s. Where we focus on the Beauty our industry offers.
One of our newscasters this morning made a statement which I thought was so profound. We have had pandemics before. These pandemics came in an age of no computers, no internet, little transportation and even less $$$ available.
This is our Grandparents. If you are lucky to still have them alive, ask them……what did they do?
Centre For Beauty is here to help. Questions? Comments? Reassurance? We are your resource.
We have always researched the products we carry and offer what we consider to be the safest for our clients.
Centre For Beauty has and will continue to help keep you and your clients safe.
About being creative?
Stay tuned. We have some exciting processes in the works. Business goes on as usual at Centre For Beauty. We will do our best to help you keep going as well.