Going on just about a year now, Centre For Beauty introduced Ultrasonic cleaners to our Trade Show venues. It happened out of necessity at the time, however we soon realized how little our Beauty Community really knew about the benefit of bringing this machine into their cleaning routine. And, we realized how little our Beauty Community knew the dangers of washing/scrubbing our tools and implements with soap and a scrub brush at the sink.
Knowledge is invaluable. What I love about what I do is the relationship I have with my Mfg’s which, afford me the opportunity to take what I learned from them and share it with you. I also love the stories. The stories which lead to the constant improving of what we do. The story which lead me to research Ultrasonic cleaners for my clients, for you!
Kinder, Greener, Safer
My story goes back a few years when I endorsed a product called Accel. Known now as Rejuvenate. Footlogix was the ones who introduced me. I sold it in my Distributorship AND I used it in my Salon.
I had noticed after long term use, my leather/vinyl chairs were losing their luster and my ceramic sinks were beginning to dull. I didn’t make the connection at first until I began my research and found AHP or Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide has proven to be drying over long periods of time.
Footlogix soon parted ways with Accel and they too were looking for a new source. During this time, one of their team members introduced me too Micrylium. What initially caught my attention was their tag line. Kinder, Greener, Safer.
In researching the brand, I decided it would be a great fit. It’s made from pure grain ethanol. In fact, it’s the same ethanol that Grey Goose Vodka is made from.
It’s environmentally safe and it’s safe for our Technicians and our clients. Not to mention, contact time is less than a minute.
As I started to bring in the brand and learn more and more about what they had to offer, I was thoroughly intrigued. Partially because the owner of the Company is a brilliant scientist. So intelligent in fact, he is brought into many Companies to assist in solving some very unique problems……..which leads me to my title
Ethanol will kill me
The story, as I know it is this…..Micrylium was called into a Company who made Medical devices because a large number of their employees were suffering with “minor” ailments. Symptoms such as scratchy eyes, runny nose, dry throat, scratchy cough. Not that any of them got deathly ill, it still got the attention of upper Management to bring in people in an effort to find if anything in the workplace was responsible for these symptoms.
They brought in air conditioning people as well as contractors to check for poisons in the drywall. Nothing.
Then they brought in Micrylium. It was the owner who discovered what was happening.
This Medical place worked very much like our Salons. They would have to clean their tools and implements between activity. They went to the sink, they scrubbed with a brush and soapy water and they rinsed.
It was this process which was causing the symptoms. It makes perfect sense!
As these tools and implements were being cleaned, the debris was floating within a 12 inch circle of the cleansing area AND being rinsed down the drain. This debris in the drain was causing Biofilm.
Every time someone went to the sink to scrub, using warm/hot water….the biofilm would loosen and vapors were coming up through the drain…..causing the symptoms of scratchy eyes, runny nose, sore/dry throat, scratchy cough.
That was enough valuable information for me to look into the next step(s) to protect our Technicians and our clients. Introducing the Ultrasonic machines!
10 things you should know about Ultrasonic cleaners
- It’s a health issue – Using an ultrasonic cleaner will protect your health
- It’s a time issue – How much time do you think you can save by not having to go to the sink between clients and clean your implements
- It’s a money issue – Time Is money
We recently had one of our clients Ultrasonic cleaner stop working. They were within the Mfg’s warranty, so they were able to send the machine back for repair. We always get a report and this particular report taught us a few things.
- Cleaning time – 5 minutes is all the time you need to clean our implements.
- Check after 10 minutes – 10 minutes is the max it should take. If it takes longer, something is wrong.
- Over use NOT GOOD – Running the machine longer than necessary is considered an abuse of product and is not covered under warranty.
- Surface disinfectants can and WILL blow up the machine.
- Soap and water is okay to use, however, you won’t get the full benefit of what the Ultrasonic cleaner has to offer
- BioSon recommended – Our BioSon product my Micrylium is an effective US cleaner. BioSon is effective for 5 consecutive days before having to be replaced. 1 box (20 pouches) last just under 3 months.
- Overlap your tools – You can place a pretty large amount of tools into the basket. Which, BTW…it fit’s the AngelFeet professional file. However, you do want to make sure you criss cross your tools and files when placing them in the cleaner
BONUS – Use your US cleaner as a jewelry cleaner for your clients jewelry. It’s a nice little added service which, doesn’t cost you any more $$$.
BioSON is a concentrated universal device detergent. This unique formula contains four enzymes that rapidly break down bioload. It contains antimicrobial additives to reduce the odours and bacterial aerosols created by the ultrasonic bath. It can also be a very effective instrument pre-soak and multi purpose detergent.
- Removes stain and tartar
- Powerful 4 enzyme formula to rapidly digest proteins
- Chlorhexidine ensures safety and longevity
Are you protecting you health? Savings $$$$$?