The longer we are sitting behind the chair, you forget what it was like being on the other side. After all, we have all been a client at a Resort, Spa or Salon.
The longer you have been sitting where you are, the harder it is for us to think like a client. A client which, we have all been.
Have you thought about this:
- How do they feel about you being on your cell phone while performing the service
- How do they feel about never being asked is how have her nails done during the last 2 weeks. Is the shape okay, the length?
- How do they feel when a solicitor walks in and takes the time of who they are paying
- How do they feel if you were talking to someone else while they are receiving a service from you.
I think we have this perception that once a client becomes a regular....she's a friend, she's family. We forget they are still actually a client of yours.
Sometimes it is just the simple touches that can revive that first time client feeling. That feeling that made you feel special. Like you were really appreciated.
- Did you make sure you asked her if she wanted coffee or wine (depending on the time of day)
- Did you look her in the eyes and pause for a moment to say "thank you, I appreciate you"?
- How about thanking her for leaving a tip?
- Market your existing client base. It's so much easier and cheaper to market from within.
- Offer a Pedicure client a free hand massage. (using your favorite manicure creams)
- Offer a hair client a free foot massage. Give them a taste of what a real pedicure can feel like.
- Test new products and share with your clients.