Centre for Beauty Salon Supply is a small Business. Like you, any and all savings is important to us. In addition like you, our Business has been and still continues to be affected by Covid.
There have been many questions regarding some of our items, specifically Pink Pearl gloves. In addition, we have been notified there are changes coming which will affect product price increases, product availability and product shipping.
Therefore, I am using this weeks blog to post any and all updates I am currently aware of.
Firstly, THANK YOU.
I am happy to share, this past Friday was our biggest Free Freight Friday ever. This excites me because I know of the $$$ savings we have been able to pass along to you, our clients.
Shipping cost have absolutely gone through the roof since Covid. Between the increase in oil and gas prices, the new policies our shippers have extended to us since Covid and the lack of work ethics our new generation of drivers seem to have….shipping has now become our biggest expense.
After a detailed review, we have decided we will continue our Free Freight Friday offer and we will not be adjusting our standard shipping cost.
With that being said, we do continue to ask, when at all possible….please provide us a Business address. There is an additional $5.00 charge for residential delivery.
In addition, please be careful when providing your shipping address. Accuracy is of utmost importance. Suite numbers where applicable, accurate zip codes and if there is a name on the building we would appreciate knowing that as well. There is any additional $19.00 charge for an address correction.
Neither of the above charges are passed along to our clients.
Ugh…..worst topic of 2020-2021 EVER!
Since Covid many of you are aware our glove situation has changed tremendously. Due to our valuable relationship with Life of Riley Salon Supply, we have been able to keep a pretty good stock of nitrile glove. Albeit at a higher price than we are all accustomed too, none-the-less….we have them.
Black nitrile in Small and medium – non-medical grade.
Until further notice, we plan to continue to carry this item as part of our inventory.
ON THE OTHER HAND:
Our blue Versashield gloves which has been our suppliers substitute for Pink Pearl gloves have been a bit more challenging.
Since November 2020 we have had two(2) price increases. We have a small allotment available to us and although you weren’t affected by this, two(2) months ago, they took our allotment away. You weren’t affected because of the availability of our Black gloves, our stock didn’t deplete as quickly.
We were notified last week, we are receiving our allotment back on our blue Versashield….with a price increase of $4.50 pr box. Yes, that is not a typo. I actually wrote the the Mfg and told them they should be ashamed of themselves.
In any case, after discussion with my husband (Business partner), we have decided NOT to pass this along to our clients (at this time). We have been told this should be a temporary increase (we shall see).
However, we will have to add this to our list of “exemptions” on our Free Freight Friday orders. A $5.00 flat rate fee will be applied.
There is some possible “light at the end of the tunnel”.
We have also been informed by our Mfg., Pink Pearl gloves are “hoping” to be made available to us by the Fall. This is nothing definite, although it is encouraging. We have no idea at what the price structure will be yet.
As soon as I have something more concrete, I will be posting a chance for “pre-orders”. I know this will be a happy day for everyone.
We have also been informed Micrylium has brought back the 5L boxes of BioSurf.
I will be placing an order within the next 4-5 week and should have those available in my stock within the month. I am happy to report, there has been no price increase. We still have plenty left of the 1L sizes, however, once they are gone…they are gone. I suggest if you like the 1L sizes….get your order in.
As soon as they hit my warehouse, I will send out a notification.
We have also been notified of a price increase on our LCN products. We will not know until the end of May which items will be affected. I anticipate the new prices will become effective June 2021.
Since LCN is German made, they have been affected by shipping cost as well. In addition, not as many flights have been active as we are accustomed too, causing many shortages.
When COVID hit, we were pro-active in ordering larger quantities than we typically would. Although there have been minor delays, for the most part we have been able to keep most items in stock. Therefore, our clients have experienced minimal shortages.
I will be on the phone with the Mfg this week to obtain more specifics if possible. I would safely say expect the increases to appear my mid June.
Additional information I would like to share;
- We have many toenail restoration classes already scheduled. You can visit our website and go to our education page for class locations and dates.
- I do have plans to host two(2) more virtual classes for our toenail restoration by years end. I know many of you have asked, and I will deliver.
- Centre for Beauty has confirmed the following trade shows;
- One Oregon Show- Portland Oregon May 16th, 2021. Also offering a toenail restoration class on Monday May 17th. Registration link
- Nail Tech Event of the Smokies- Gatlinburg Tennessee July 11th, 2021. Also offering a toenail restoration class on Saturday July 10th, 2021. Come by and see Susi with Perfect10 Nails and Emily with Elite Feet. Registration link
- Premier Orlando-Orlando Florida October 17th-18th, 2021. Offering FREE educational classes both Sunday and Monday. Come by and see Susi with Perfect10 Nails, Emily with Elite Feet, Nellie Neal from the Pedi Lab and my beautiful daughter and her boyfriend Alonzo.
- Pending-Orlando Birmingham. We have not been notified yet if this show will be active.
- June 7th, there is still time to register for our “Toenail restoration REFRESHER” webinar. This is a paid webinar, registration is required. Registration link
- We are going live with our Oncology classes again. Dates and locations are being discussed and we will publish soon. Stay tuned.
I know none of this information is really earth shattering, yet it is important. It is important for me to keep you informed to the best of my ability.
In closing…thank you again for all your continued support. Your Business IS important to us and as I stated in an earlier email….I’m looking forward to seeing many of you soon.