Before we can dwell into the mechanics of applying products to our skin, we must first understand a couple of the basics;
- CREAMS: Probably the most commonly used. Creams consist of emulsions of oil and water.
- OINTMENTS: These are oily and contain very little water. they are messy and greasy. In addition, they are difficult to wash off.
- LOTIONS: Same as CREAMS but, contain more water.
- MOUSSES: A product in aerosol format. Manufacturer specific, but most mousses “especially hair products”, have a high content of alcohol. Shaving mousse is NOT a breaking foam meaning it feels thick and heavy when applied. Footlogix mousse is mostly water & urea, and IS a breaking foam.
Why is this important when choosing what products to use in your Pedicure chair or Retail to your clients?
There are a variety of reasons, but let’s just touch upon a few;
- Creams, ointments, lotions all occlude the skin. Meaning, they stay on top of the skin. Therefore, it wipes off on the first thing they touch. Have you ever applied a lotion or even vaseline and put your socks on at night before you go to bed? Well, congratulations, you have the most highly conditioned socks in your County.
In order for a product to be effective, it must process into the
layers of the epidermis!
- The skin on our feet need to transpire. Especially if you are a diabetic or someone with an immune compromised system.
If you occlude the skin, you are not letting it transpire.
In fact you are suffocating it.
- And finally, we need to keep the skin on our feet healthy, moist and lubricated to be able to do what it is there to do….PROTECT
This requires a “transformational” foot care product. A product that can help the skin look better and feel better.
Worlds first & only Pediceutical foot care product
With Dermal Infusion Technology – enables ailment-curing, active ingredients to penetrate faster and deeper into the troubled skin of the feet
Many of you are already familiar with and using the Footlogix brand products. Thank you, we appreciate your business.
If you are not, you may want to try it. The product works, easy to use, non-greasy, non-occlusive and believe it or not……less expensive than many of the products you are now using.